Thanks to Jen at Conversion Diary for Hosting.
1) School has been in session for 2 weeks. And so far so good. The boy seems to like school much more than last year. We have already had the conversations about not focusing in class or finishing work. Honestly I am not surprised he is the youngest in his class and is completely capable of doing the work sometimes he is a space cadet. Homework has not been too much of a battle so far.
2) The boy turned 6 on Tuesday and I spent a good part of the day bawling my eyes out. The reason is explained here. I don’t want to jinx myself but with X turning 6 he has somehow turned the corner behavior wise. He has been better behaved and finally is doing what is asked of him.
3) Chapped Lips! The boy has had problems with them all last Winter. They didn’t heal completely until JUNE! The gross, scabby, mustache from licking his lips kid of chapped lips. A week at school and they were back. I took him to the pediatrician (who did not make a great first impression on me) last week. The ped. said it was habitual and with out a replacement behavior he would never stop. SO guess who has not licked his lips in a week??? Was a wake up call from the doctor visit all he needed to stop? We haven’t done anything else so I am stumped as to why he quit.
4) Unemployment. I have been unemployed for almost 7 weeks. The first 4 weeks were pretty hard and depressing. I am slowly getting a routine together and enjoying my time at home. I have the opportunity to pick the boy up from school. I expected to get more done around the house, but that has not happened. I still don’t find myself worried about this situation. Some how this will work out and I will end up where I am supposed to be. I don’t trust God enough with most of my life but this I have no control and am perfectly okay leaving it up to him.
5) So I have gone completely insane and decided to try a Whole 30. Nothing processed, no dairy, grains or legumes for 30 days. With all of my food allergies/ intolerances this is difficult because I can’t eat nuts, apples, strawberries or lettuce either. Last time I tried going gluten free my family was begging me to eat a piece of bread by day 4. We will see how this goes. This mornings breakfast: eggs in coconut oil, blueberries and tea.
6) I know that I am trusting that I will be where I am supposed to be when it comes to a job. Waiting to find out what that is makes me feel a little crazy. I always joke with people that I don’t know what I want to be when I grow up. It is true I don’t but as a 32 year old shouldn’t I have more of an idea?
7) Prayers please for our high school youth group as we start a new year next month. We might consistently hit double digits in attendance this year! That would be huge for us.